Friday, December 11, 2009

The Word "Nerd" Get's Thrown Around Alot...

...But how often is it really warranted?

I submit to you the events of the week of August 13 2006, during which I lead a diverse team of 20 men and women from across this great country, through hours of difficult gaming, demanding coordination, improvisation, and flawless execution, finally culminating in our conflict with the Blood God known as "Hakkar the Soulflayer" aka "The Faceless One"(pictured below)

Scary!

One of our guildmates(yes, i say this word with a straight face) recorded our accomplishment for posterity and sent it to me. Thanks "Chiknbut"(straight face again).

My characters name is "Husband". I am the voice calmly giving directions, and at the beginning of the video I encourage everyone to "do their best". What a guild leader. Master of the pep talk. You can see my character, the first one running up to the big snake at the beginning to start the fight. Once more into the breach, dear friends?

My brother Chris is "Lexyn" and he is the voice saying "Spread out" at the beginning, and later angrily asking "Whose playing that music!?", which may be my favorite quote from this video. Also near the end, nervously and excitedly encouraging us all to "Kill him now! Nuke the freakin crap out of him!". Priceless.

Bro-in-law Tommy is "Nuttyprophet" and briefly says "Nutty has Corrupted Blood" which of course makes total sense to you if you've never done battle with Hakkar the Soulflayer.

"Clear" is a high school junior from California who can frequently be heard requesting that Lexyn "SHEEEEEEP MEEEEE!" or that Nuttyprophet "DISPELL MEEEEEEEEE!".

A couple other local friends in this video, but not with speaking roles. Quietly ridding the World(of Warcraft) of crazed Blood Gods and evil Dragons are:

April Butterfield aka "Wife"
Kris Coxon aka "Saintly"





At the end the tension is really palpable, because some of the party started dying and we almost didn't win. Also, after 10 minutes, Hakkar goes berserk and kills everyone quickly, and we defeated him at just under the 9 minute mark.

I believe my position as the nerdiest guy you know is now solidly established.

Booya.

Special thanks to Nate, for resurrecting this video from the depths of my hard drive by posting a link to an old World of Warcraft video on his blog recently. I had forgotten I had this, and it only gets funnier as time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment please